A new Wauwl has been released today. Version 2.0.9 has some major improvements under the hood. As earlier version had some trouble keeping the connection alive, this release addresses that by putting the XMPP Service, which holds the connection, into a foreground process. See the complete list of fixes, new features and improvements below.
Changelog Wauwl 2.0.9
– new indicator in rosterlist that shows number of unread messages
– new progress bar in notification area when reconnecting
– XMPP service now runs as a foreground process
– more efficient message retrieval
– avatars from roster vcard are scaled before added to rosterlist
– keep-alive function refactored. Interval set at 5 minutes.
– auto-away presence refactored. Set at 2 minutes.
– ConnectionError Listener refactored
– display roster refactored
– fragments used for rosterlist and messages refactored
– notifications on/off in settings is not optional anymore since xmpp service has become a foreground process
– German translation fixes (thanks to Michael Kaiser)
– bugfix oauth2 when autentication has failed
– bugfix in dialog logo
– bugfix retrieving avatar from roster
– bugfix empty nickname in notification title
– bugfix hide keyboard when going back from messages to roster in single pane layout (small screens)
– bugfix item selection in message context menu
– bugfix title in notification for error messages
– bugfix when showing soft keyboard
– bugfix when rotating device in a message view in single pane mode
– bugfix on back button pressed in single pane mode
– bugfix when authentication fails: proper notification and user is redirected to Account screen
A new Wauwl has been released today in Google Play Store. Under the hood, there are some major fixes to enshure improved connectivity, cached messages when the connection breaks and restores. Below you will find the changelog for version 2.0.7.
I have tried to put the complete changelog on Google Play Store in the “Recent Changes” textarea but it only allows up to 500 characters so I have skipped the bugfixes there. Now I am currious where these recent changes will popup since I haven’t managed to find them yet :-).
Changelog Wauwl 2.0.7
- new cache function that stores messages in between sessions and restores them on start
- new keep alive setting to send keep-alive packets every 3 seconds to keep the connection alive
- new auto away presence setting that sets the presence status to Away after 2 minutes of inactivity. This function only works when the current presence status is Available.
- default group name and own nickname are now language dependend
- unsubscribe now using full JID, including the resource
- VCard nullpointer fix when there is no VCard available
- screensize-depended logo's added
- German language translation improvements - thanks to Michael Kaiser
Three more languages have been added to Wauwl today: German, Spanish and Portuguese. Soon, Francais will be added as well. Feel free to respond if you encounter strange translations or other artefacts. It will come to the benifit of the whole Wauwl user base. Cheers.
Today, PabstIT released a brand new app in Google’s Play store, called Wauwl! Wauwl is a chat app, suited for Google+/Talk, Facebook or other XMPP services. Read more about Wauwl here.
Update: new release supports Smileys!
Simple XMPPClient has been updated today to address to errors and add some new features aswell. See XMPPClient and changelog for more.